About Me

My photo
I am 27 years old, a wife, a mom, a sister, a newish home owner, a daughter, and a best friend. I am in the process of becoming a self proclaimed photographer, interior designer, and a chef. I want nothing more than to always remember the most positive and precious things in my life. I am very blessed to have such wonderful memories and my brain is to busy to remember them all. Blogging is my way to share and never forget.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bite Size Frittata

I had a recipe for a Mediterranean Style Frittata out of a cook book I borrowed from my Mom. Of course I knew I was going to tweek to the my liking but after all is said and done cooked and eaten, my recipe is completely different.

I just happen to have an idea that worked! I am proud to say the least!
I call these my:



Bite Size Frittata

*6 tablespoons of liquid egg whites
*3 medium sized eggs with yolk
*chopped up baby spinach leaves (to taste)
*2 tablespoons of low fat mozzarella cheese shredded (or to taste)
*sprinkle oregano
*sprinkle garlic
*sprinkle parsley
*(I didn't add any salt but it could have used some)
*mix all ingredients together with whisk
*pour the mix into a muffin pan (I use a rubber mini muffin pan)
*bake at 400 degrees until they look done. I want to guess it was around 10 mins most but I wasn't paying attention to the time, I was just looking into the oven. The picture below called DONE, shows what they look like when they are ready!

This I made 6 at first to see how it went and then I used the rest of the mixture to make more. I got about 12 mini bite size out of the reciepe. That could feed anywhere from 2 to 4 depending.

The entire recipe has

415 calories
29g fat
560mg Cholesterol
3.6g carbs
29g protein
407 mg sodium

if you eat a fourth of the recipe then it equals out pretty healthy with
103.5 calories
7.25g fat
140mg Cholesterol
.9g carbs
8g protein
101mg sodium

You could add mushrooms or better yet any type of protein to up the protein amount. Ham, turkey, turkey bacon. ETC.. There is sooo much you can do with this recipe! I am looking forward to making it again!

Chopped up baby spinach leaves

Before and after of whisking
Left is before they are cooked    *   Right is when they are DONE
They popped up like a cake!
Then when I took them out, they shrunk up on the bottoms. 


The End Results! They were YUMMY!


No comments:

Post a Comment