About Me

My photo
I am 27 years old, a wife, a mom, a sister, a newish home owner, a daughter, and a best friend. I am in the process of becoming a self proclaimed photographer, interior designer, and a chef. I want nothing more than to always remember the most positive and precious things in my life. I am very blessed to have such wonderful memories and my brain is to busy to remember them all. Blogging is my way to share and never forget.

Friday, June 17, 2011

M.I.A No Longer!!

I have been M.I.A in the kitchen and in the cooking blog. Well not so much in the kitchen as in the blogging but the great news is I am back! I have been focusing on eating right and not so much cooking. Now it is time to combine the two things along with blogging and get back to what I first wanted to do with this blog!

I am counting calories. I KNOW. Everyone hates to hear those words but it helps. Read Here to find out my thoughts on counting or at least understanding calories and sodium.

So, here is the menu for the week.

SNACKS
Creamy Garlic Herb Dip
Orange Chipotle Spiced Pecan Mix
(Texas made the Pecan Tree the state tree in 1919)

BREAKFAST
Mediterranean Style Frittata  Bite Size Frittata
(Frittatas originally came from Italy and the original frittata means fried. Usually fried leftovers from the night before. In america it has taken on as a breakfast since the staple American breakfast food is used.. Eggs)

LUNCH/SOUPS
Oriental Soup with Mushrooms, Bok Choy, and Shrimp
(Bok Choy is China Cabbage. In 2009 a women died from consuming 1.5 kg a day. Bok Choy has toxins in it that if you eat large quantities, can cause upset stomachs and dizziness)  FREAKY!
Chicken Asparagus Salad Creamy Chicken & Asparagus Salad
Chicken Salad with Avocado Dressing
(Avocado has the highest protein than any other fruit. It also has very healthy fats but should not be eaten in large quantities at a time. If you have an avocado that is not ripe, place it in a paper bag to speed up the process or you can place it in the fridge to slow down the ripening process.)

DINNER
Skillet Shrimp with BBQ Glaze Glazed Skillet Shrimp
Balsamic Chicken and Mushrooms
Dark Bean Soup with Avocado Lime Salsa
Southwestern Chicken and White Bean Soup
Yucatecan Rice Salad
(Yucatecan is a mixture of Mexican and European. This is because the Yucatecan Peninsula, apart of Mexico, was considered to be to far to reach from all other parts of Mexico. The Peninsula was known for having ports and the European were able to reach the ports easily. This is when the Peninsula became influenced with the European was such as dress, architecture, and .. you guessed it, cooking)



Looks like I have some major cooking to do! Can't wait to cook, take pics, and share my recipe (tweeks as always from the recipe I get it from) Be looking for it as early as tomorrow!

Again, I will link each dish to the recipe and photos as I make/upload them!

No comments:

Post a Comment