About Me

My photo
I am 27 years old, a wife, a mom, a sister, a newish home owner, a daughter, and a best friend. I am in the process of becoming a self proclaimed photographer, interior designer, and a chef. I want nothing more than to always remember the most positive and precious things in my life. I am very blessed to have such wonderful memories and my brain is to busy to remember them all. Blogging is my way to share and never forget.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Creamy Chicken Salad with Asparagus

This recipe had me excited and "ify". I love chicken salad. I Love asparagus. Putting them together? I was not sure. I don't like grapes in my chicken salad, or nuts, or really anything crunchy/hard. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised! In a good way. It was delicious. The asparagus was very refreshing in it. The creamy sauce is yummy! This will be going in my cook book for sure! (I only put recipes in my cook book if I want to make it again)



Creamy Chicken Salad w/ Asparagus Spears
*1 cup of cut asparagus spears
*1/4 cup of mayo (I use olive oil mayo)
*1/4 cut of butter milk
*half a lemon's juice (or less if you don't like lemon juice.i love it)
*you could add salt but I didn't add any salt
* shake of ground pepper
*1/4 tsp of parsley
*1/4 tsp of oregano
*1/2 tsp of garlic powder
*1/4 tsp mrs dash garlic lime spice
*2 cups of shredded cooked chicken
(I am sure some people would like to add fresh tomato slices)

Cook chicken if not already cooked and shred it
Cut the asparagus and then steam it until desired tenderness
Drain asparagus, then plunge into ice water. Then drain it
(you want the cooked asparagus to be cold not hot)
Combine Mayo and the next 7 ingredients into bowl and whisk
Taste and add extra spices to taste
Add chicken and asparagus. Toss lightly until all is covered by the creamy sauce.
Serve as is or place in fridge to chill. Add bread, crackers, or plain with a side of fruit. 

 This dish is for 2 people or half not half later.
The nutrition facts are for the full dish. If you eat half the dish, cut the facts in half! It is high in sodium but if you get reduced sodium everything, this could be lowered greatly.


Calories: 342
Total Fat: 14g
Choleserol: 71mg
Carbs: 23g
Protein: 30g
Sodium: 673mg






No comments:

Post a Comment