About Me

My photo
I am 27 years old, a wife, a mom, a sister, a newish home owner, a daughter, and a best friend. I am in the process of becoming a self proclaimed photographer, interior designer, and a chef. I want nothing more than to always remember the most positive and precious things in my life. I am very blessed to have such wonderful memories and my brain is to busy to remember them all. Blogging is my way to share and never forget.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Lasagna Roll Ups

I started out making Lasagna Cups only to find out when it was time for the pasta, I didn't have the right pasta for the cups. So, I make Lasagna Roll Ups









Ingredients:for the sauce-2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 large onion
1/2 pound lean ground beef cooked and drained
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1-6 oz. can pizza sauce or tomato sauce
1 tablespoon dried basil
1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
salt & pepper to taste

for the cheese filling-2.5 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
mozzarella cheese to your liking
1 egg

Directions:For the sauce- heat olive oil over medium heat and saute onions and garlic until tender, 5 minutes.
Stir in cooked ground beef and sauce until well incorporated.
Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to simmer.
Reduce heat to low and cook 30 minutes or so.

For the cheese filling- stir all ingredients together excluding half of the grated mozzarella cheese. Set aside.

For the pasta- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta 2 minutes less than package directions and drain. Place pasta on greased baking sheet until you are ready for assembly.

For assembly- slice the pasta so it is flat. Place some of the cheese filling and then some of the meat filling inside the past. Roll the pasta up around the fillings. top with extra sauce, cheese, or anything you'd like
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20/25 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment