About Me

My photo
I am 27 years old, a wife, a mom, a sister, a newish home owner, a daughter, and a best friend. I am in the process of becoming a self proclaimed photographer, interior designer, and a chef. I want nothing more than to always remember the most positive and precious things in my life. I am very blessed to have such wonderful memories and my brain is to busy to remember them all. Blogging is my way to share and never forget.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pizza Bites

Last night the girls got together and had  Pinterest Party. Pinterest food, crafts, and drinks!

I could not decide what to make out of all the Pinterest recipes. After much deliberation, I decided that I couldn't go wrong with Pizza. I found 2 different pizza bite recipes and tried them both out.



I used these ingredients for both recipes.


First, Pizza Stuffed Pretzel Bites 


Roll out your dough, the cute 3 inch pieces out.  Re-roll the pieces.
Place cheese and peperoni in the middle

pinch up the sides. I ended up rolling them in a ball after I pinched up the sides.


Bring water to a boil. Add the baking soda. Place a few bites in the pot for 30 seconds.


Put wet (from the step above) on a pan and brush with egg whites. Cover with Sea Salt
Pretzels has lots of salt. The pizza mixture and the sea salt were kind of strange.
They tasted like pretzels exactly though.





Next, Pizza Rolls


Roll dough into a rectangle and spread salted butter (I ended up not salting the butter on the next 2 because again, the salt and pizza was weird) Add garlic powder, sauce, cheese, and pepperonis.


Roll into a long log and refrigerate for 20 mins at least


Cut the log into slices. Place on pan and bake.



YUMMY


Pizza Pretzel Bites
dough
mozzarella cheese, about 20 cubed pieces
sliced pepperoni
olive oil
Italian seasoning
grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate or cake pan.
Divide the pizza dough into roughly 20 equal sized pieces.
Take one of the dough pieces and press in a cube
Of cheese and two pepperoni.
Pull the edges of the dough down around the filling and seal.
Place in the pan, seam side down.
Repeat with remaining dough.
Each piece of dough should be touching each other in the pan.
Lightly brush the tops of the dough with olive oil or egg wash
Sprinkle on salt and Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve warm or at room temperature,
with dipping sauce if desired.


 
Pizza Bun
dough
Pepperoni (or try cooked, crumbled Italian sausage) – amount is up to you.
3 oz SALTED butter, softened
2 Tbsp garlic powder
1/3 c marinara sauce
Directions
Spread on softened SALTED butter,
sprinkle garlic powder on top of that, then the sauce, then finally the pepperoni.
Gently roll up into a log and pinch the ends closed.
 Refrigerate log for at least 20 minutes
Cut rolls, place in greased pan, and put inside cold oven.
 preheat oven to 350°. Bake rolls for 25-30 minutes,
or until tops are brown and cooked throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment