About Me

My photo
I am 27 years old, a wife, a mom, a sister, a newish home owner, a daughter, and a best friend. I am in the process of becoming a self proclaimed photographer, interior designer, and a chef. I want nothing more than to always remember the most positive and precious things in my life. I am very blessed to have such wonderful memories and my brain is to busy to remember them all. Blogging is my way to share and never forget.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Almond Crusted Chicken Fingers

 

 

I love chicken fingers. Chicken fingers love my waist. This is the both of best worlds. Healthy and satisfying to cravings!

 

Almond Crusted Chicken Fingers

  • Boneless Chicken Strips (I say use organic chicken strips) as many as you want to cook, they heat up the next day great!
  • 1 Cup Almonds crushed. (I have used pre-crushed but I usually buy chopped almonds I have used whole almonds) and then I crush them in my blender)
  • Garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon Dried Parsley
  • 1 /2 teaspoon Paprika
  • 2 teaspoons Dried Mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Nutmeg
  • 1/2 Cup Wheat Germ. (I usually do not use wheat germ. I like it just with the almonds (plus it is healthier with just almonds) 
  • 2 egg whites, if you run out you can always add more egg whites, I just dislike wasting eggs
  • Cooking Spray

 

  1. Preheat oven 350*
  2. Cover pan with foil and spray with cooking spray
  3. In 1 bowl add all ingredients except egg and chicken
  4. In 2nd bowl, whisk egg whites.
  5. Dip the chicken in egg whites, let the excess drip off.
  6. Dip and cover the strips in the 1st bowl of mixture
  7. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until cooked through. It will have a different look compared to fried chicken fingers so make sure not to over cook the chicken

 

 

Photo Apr 23, 5 09 04 PM
Pre chopped almonds

Photo Apr 23, 5 09 11 PMPhoto Apr 23, 5 14 01 PM
Blend the almonds to desired crushed-ness (I usually go ahead and crush all of them and store it in a mason jar in the pantry for easy access later in the week)

Photo Apr 23, 5 28 51 PM
Coat chicken and bake!

 

Photo Mar 29, 8 01 42 PMPhoto Mar 29, 8 02 01 PM
SOO YUMMY

 

Results:

I cook these at least 2 times a week. They are one of the easiest meals and I could do it with my eyes closed. I usually bake extra for lunch the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment