About Me

My photo
I am 27 years old, a wife, a mom, a sister, a newish home owner, a daughter, and a best friend. I am in the process of becoming a self proclaimed photographer, interior designer, and a chef. I want nothing more than to always remember the most positive and precious things in my life. I am very blessed to have such wonderful memories and my brain is to busy to remember them all. Blogging is my way to share and never forget.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pizza stuffed mushrooms

I am (and have been) back in the kitchen. Cooking up new recipes and creating some of my own.

With this wasting healthy stuff I have come to realize a few of my unhealthy cravings. Such as pizza. I am not a fan of pizza hut or papa johns. But take me to mellow mushroom or lupis and I am all about that greasy cheesy Alice of pizza...ok. Maybe more than just a slice. My favorite pizza is homemade pizza straight from my oven. There is nothing better than making it and eating it in the comfort of my home. Pizza is not an option though. And goodness when I crave it. I crraavvee it! Some I have found a way to settle the craving (as best as possible) without loading up {or down} on those carbs.

Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms

Mushroom caps
Tomato sauce (no salt added)
Cheese
Garlic powder
And any topping

  1. Preheat oven 400
  2. Wash mushrooms with damp cloth (don't run under water because they will absorb the water and stay wet)
  3. Cut stems and scoop out inside of mushrooms
  4. Sprinkle garlic over mushrooms
  5. Place mushrooms in oven for 5 to 7 mins depending on desired cook
  6. Take mushrooms out and stuff with sauce and other toppings
  7. Place in oven on broil until toppings are melted


    I am posting from my phone so sorry of the pictures are out of order.


 
 
 
Results:
LOVE LOVE LOVE.. The mushroom was a little overpowering but I know this can be fixed with a little tweeking of some spices on the mushroom. I ate it as a side dish with  chicken and spinach leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment