About Me

My photo
I am 27 years old, a wife, a mom, a sister, a newish home owner, a daughter, and a best friend. I am in the process of becoming a self proclaimed photographer, interior designer, and a chef. I want nothing more than to always remember the most positive and precious things in my life. I am very blessed to have such wonderful memories and my brain is to busy to remember them all. Blogging is my way to share and never forget.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Really the only thing I can say about this is MMMMMM MMMMM GOOD! Please, please, please take the time to make this! It is sooo freakin good..

Ingredients:
  • 1 lbs raw unfrozen chicken
  • 1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce
  • 1 medium chopped onion
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) cicken broth or condensed chicken broth coup *see side note
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 pk (10 oz) frozen corn
  • 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:
  1. Place raw chicken, enchilada sauce, onion, and garlic into slow cooker.
  2. Pour broth ontop
  3. Season with sumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf
  4. Stir in corn and cilantro
  5. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, high for 3-4 hours
Note:
Depending on how you like your soup, you can add 1 or 2 cups of water or, what I did is add a second can of the chicken broth. I like my soup more "soupy" than watery

Tortilla Chips:
8 corn tortilla chips
rub oil (vg. canola, etc) on both sides
slice in desired strips
season with garlic, salt, and cumin
place in over at 400 degrees for 10 mins of until desired crunch





No comments:

Post a Comment