About Me

My photo
I am 27 years old, a wife, a mom, a sister, a newish home owner, a daughter, and a best friend. I am in the process of becoming a self proclaimed photographer, interior designer, and a chef. I want nothing more than to always remember the most positive and precious things in my life. I am very blessed to have such wonderful memories and my brain is to busy to remember them all. Blogging is my way to share and never forget.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tilapia Scampi

This recipe has turned me on to Tilapia. I do not like seafood. Well I love lobster. It is my fav. food ever. I love crab legs.. (snow crab to be exact) and I love shrimp. All but shrimp cocktail and coconut shrimp. So I guess I just don't like fish. UNTIL NOW.

Ingredients:
3/4 cut butter
2 tsp lemon juice *note
8 cloves garlic minced *note
4 (6 oz) tilapia fillets rinsed, thawed, and patted dry
1 tbsp dried parsley

Directions:
preheat oven to 375 degrees
combine the butter, lemon juice, pinch of parsley and garlic in micro. safe bowl
heat for 15 seconds, stir, 15 more seconds, stir, continue this until fully melted (about 1 min)
put tilapia in the bottom of the baking dish, pour mixture over the fillets
sprinkle parsley over them
bake in oven turning every 10 mins until the fish flakes easily with a fork. around 40 mins

Notes:
I have to have lemon with all my seafood. My husband always says, "so.. you need some shrimp with that lemon juice" I smother, drinch, drown, cover, soak, my seafood in lemon juice. The recipe calls for 2 tsp, I just add to my liking. and then after it is done I have lemon juice to "dip" it in..
Also, I love garlic so I add garlic powder along with the cloves
I actually make the mixture pour it on, while I wait 10 mins until flipping, I make another bowl of the mixture, when I flip the 2nd time (20 mins) I pour more mixture on it.
I make a small amount of the mixture again for after it is done and also to pour on the pasta I serve with it
I also like burntness on mine.. The garlic minced burns very nice so if you see the burntness.. YES, serve it!!

**This is my favorite unhealthy meal. Butter is fat free, and pasta is multi grain (other than the day I took photos of it ) but still, all that mixing and pouring serving with carbs just sounds unhealthy.. but oh so yummy!






No comments:

Post a Comment