About Me

My photo
I am 27 years old, a wife, a mom, a sister, a newish home owner, a daughter, and a best friend. I am in the process of becoming a self proclaimed photographer, interior designer, and a chef. I want nothing more than to always remember the most positive and precious things in my life. I am very blessed to have such wonderful memories and my brain is to busy to remember them all. Blogging is my way to share and never forget.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Past Recipes

Chicken and Dumplings (Crockpot)
*The history of Chicken and Dumplings is very interesting. Known as a popular dish in the south, it actually is known to have come from Asia and Europe. First in Asia in 618 ad as a stuffed dumpling dish, aka potstickers, then to Europe in the 1400s by Marco Polo, then to America in the 1800s.

Barbecue Pork Sandwiches (Crockpot)
*The healthiest pork options are lean cuts such as tenderloins, loin chops, and sirloin roast. Lean cuts of pork are high in protein and low in fat. They also have more vitamin B in them. To compare 3 oz of Pork Tenderloin and 3 oz of chick breast click here.. You will be suprised!

Meatless Stuffed Peppers
*There are many different colors of bell peppers. The most popular colors are red and orange. This is due to the sweet taste. The yellow pepper has a mild sweet flavor. The green pepper is known for being bitter. Then there is the purple pepper that is slimy and very rarely eaten.  The bright peppers are sweet because they are ripe and of course darker mean no as ripe.

Taco Soup (Crockpot)
*Taco soup is so easy to make. Plus it is one of those recipes that you can add whatever you would like. You are supposed to eat every color of the rainbow and with taco soup, this can be done! Onino, celery, broccoli, squash, carrots, peppers, olives, and so on. I am pretty picky about my veggies so honestly I do not have all the colors of the rainbow in my soup, but it sure is magically delisious!

Chicken Tortilla Soup (Crockpot)
 *Chicken Tortilla Soup is said to be a new recipe in countries all over the world. It is very common to have a broth soup and top it off with onions and such. Then there is the famous chicken noodle soup. With noodles being taken out and adding fried tortilla strips the chicken tortilla soup was born. This is just simply yummy! I crave this actually and think that my reciepe beats any reciepe I have tasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment