About Me

My photo
I am 27 years old, a wife, a mom, a sister, a newish home owner, a daughter, and a best friend. I am in the process of becoming a self proclaimed photographer, interior designer, and a chef. I want nothing more than to always remember the most positive and precious things in my life. I am very blessed to have such wonderful memories and my brain is to busy to remember them all. Blogging is my way to share and never forget.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Meatless Stuffed Peppers

I am not a fan of a hater of peppes. Not ground pepper, bell peppers, banana peppers, or any other peppers. Although I do not like peppers, I always wanted to cook a stuffed pepper. My husband loves peppers and I figured it was my perfect chance to try them out. I did a meatless stuffed pepper so it could be a side dish to, well, anything. Fish, steak, chicken, or just by itself. (If you are eating it alone, I would just add some lean ground beef to make a "fuller" meal.


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup uncooked rice
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 4 green bell peppers (or any color you want)
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 4 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsely
  • 2 cups tomato cause
  • 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
  • salt to taste
  • pepper to taste
  • garlic to taste

Directions:
  1. combine rice and water in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 mins
  2. preheat oven to 400 degrees
  3. cut tops off peppers, remove seeds inside, arrange peppers in large backing dish
  4. chop usable tops into small piece for the mix
  5. heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute chopped peppers, chopped onions in oil until soft.
  6. Reduce heat to low and add parsely, cook for 5 mins stiring
  7. Add rice and 1 1/5 cup of tomato cause. Season to taste with garlic, salt, and pepper
  8. Spoon mixture into peppers and top with remaining tomatio sauce
  9. cover and bake 45 mins.
  10. Uncover and top with mozzarella cheese. bake uncovered until cheese is melted




No comments:

Post a Comment