About Me

My photo
I am 27 years old, a wife, a mom, a sister, a newish home owner, a daughter, and a best friend. I am in the process of becoming a self proclaimed photographer, interior designer, and a chef. I want nothing more than to always remember the most positive and precious things in my life. I am very blessed to have such wonderful memories and my brain is to busy to remember them all. Blogging is my way to share and never forget.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pork Tenderloin Flauntas

These were a hit! FOR SURE! .. my little chica didnt eat them since she seems to be a self proclaimed vegiterian except for chick fa la's chicken nuggets (the only chicken she eats .. the only meat she really eats)
I did take the meat out for her and then she cleared her plate.. Anyways back to the recipe.. I didn't take a picture after they were baked.. I always seem to forget about the after pic because I want to eat!

Flauntas are normally deep friend. We all know, I am staying away from deep fried.. well fried anything! So, I baked mine. They were so freakin good!!

Indredients:
  • 1 tbsp live oil
  • 1 sweet yellow onion cut up in desired sizes (I chopped mine)
  • pork tenderloin bonesless strips
  • chili powder to taste
  • paprika to taste
  • coriander to taste
  • garlic powder to taste
  • cumin powder to taste
  • oregano to taste
  • sea salt to taste
  • flour tortillas as many as your cooking
  • cheese to taste

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. In bowl mix the chili poder, paprika, corinader, garlic, cumin, oregano, sea salt all to taste.. I have done this so many times for my mexican dishes I know it by the look, smell, and taste.
  3. oil in skillet on med/high
  4. place strips in skillet and pinch/sprinkle the season mix on top of each one, flip and season, flip again
  5. only cook 3/4 mins. You do NOT want the meat cooked all the way. it will finish cooking in oven
  6. Take out meat, cut into desired sizes (I cut mine into pieces)
  7. wet paper towel and wrap tortillas in it. Microwave for 1 min
  8. add cheese, onion, and then meat
  9. roll up tortilla and place seam side down on pan
  10. bake 8/10 mins, then flip and bake 3/4 mins until deisred color and crunch
  11. serve with guac. sour cream. hotsauce. salsa. or any other desired add ons
Note:
  • You can add peppers, mushrooms, and so on to the tortilla before you roll and cook it. Get creative!
  • If you use fat free sourcream, fat free/low fat cheese, wheat or multi grain tortillas, and the right cut of meat. This is a very healthy protein meal! THIS IS A GREAT PORK WEBSITE 






No comments:

Post a Comment