About Me

My photo
I am 27 years old, a wife, a mom, a sister, a newish home owner, a daughter, and a best friend. I am in the process of becoming a self proclaimed photographer, interior designer, and a chef. I want nothing more than to always remember the most positive and precious things in my life. I am very blessed to have such wonderful memories and my brain is to busy to remember them all. Blogging is my way to share and never forget.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Scallops and Shrimp Pesto Pasta

This I did not take after pictures of. It was late, I forgot. I have never had scallops I like, but I love pesto, and pasta, and shrimp. So I figured alright.. lets give it a try. My husband got home extra late, and I tried to wait on him. The shrimp and pasta were well overdone BUT we ate it anyways. It would have been good fresh and on time though. I don't say this was great because it didn't really have a flavor to it. I would tweak it next time. There will be a next time though. I WILL MAKE IT GREAT

 
Ingredients:
  • 3 cups of frozen chopped broccoli *note
  • 1 Pound frozen bay scallops
  • 3.4 pound frozen raw peeled medium size shrimp
  • 2/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 3 springs parsely
  • 1 think slice onion
  • 1 think slice lemon
  • 1/2 pound multigrain angel hair pasta
  • 7 tbsp reduced fat basil pesto (buitoni)

 
Directions:
  1. if your shrimp is not peeled, you must first peel it. If it is frozen place under cold running water for 5 mins or less. It is easier to peel frozen shirmp when it is not all the way thawed out. PLUS you want it to be semi frozen while cooking. I take out the bottom vain or intestant or whatever that nasty brown line is underneath (mine already had the top vain out)
  2. Place 2 slices of lemon on bottom of crockpot
  3. pour in shrimp and scallops ( I used half the amount of scallops given I wasnt sure if I would eat them)
  4. add broth, wine, and parsely.
  5. Place sliced onions, springs of parsely, and lemons on top
  6. Cover and cook for 3 hours on high, 6 hours on low
  7. Squeeze extra lemon juice on top 30 mins before done
  8. Cook pasta normally then drain
  9. Add pesto to pasta and toss until evenly coated
  10. Cook broccoli and add it or put in on the side *note
  11. Take out lemons and onions
  12. Plate your pasta, pesto and add the scallops and shrimp

 
Notes:
  • I cooked my frozen broccoli witht he scallops and shrimp. It was NOT good. It did not taste but like soft seafood flavoring.. UGH.. I would cook it seperate and even put it as a side not within the dish

 
This is the only picture I took.. Like I said, it got late and I forgot. BUMMER!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment