About Me

My photo
I am 27 years old, a wife, a mom, a sister, a newish home owner, a daughter, and a best friend. I am in the process of becoming a self proclaimed photographer, interior designer, and a chef. I want nothing more than to always remember the most positive and precious things in my life. I am very blessed to have such wonderful memories and my brain is to busy to remember them all. Blogging is my way to share and never forget.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Rum Glazed Grilled Shrimp

Looking for a sweet shrimp dish? This is it! The flavor I did not expect but I ate it all. So did the husband and my little chica. Again, I forgot to take pictures because the husband got home late. This time, the shrimp was not overdone!

Indredients:
  • 1/4 cup of honey
  • 1/2 tsp lime juice fresh
  • 3 tbsp spiced rum (captain!)
  • 1/2 tsp grated orange zest
  • 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
  • 1 tsp fresh ginger
  • 1 tbsp shopped fresh cilantro leaves
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 pepper
  • 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
  • 20 jumbo peeled deveined shrimp
  • 4 skewers

Directions:
  1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat
  2. Mix together all ingredients. Mix until cornstarch is blended with the rest
  3. Pour half the mixture on the shrimp making sure they are fully covered
  4. Place shrimps on skewers
  5. Grill shrimp until bright pink and opague and the glaze has cooked into the shrimp about 4 mins per side.
  6. Baste with additional unused glaze before turning the shrimp over
Other cooking option
  • put stove on medium heat
  • place the shrimp in the pan after it is hot instead of putting on skewers. Cook 3 mins, flip, add more glaze, cooking 3 more mins and flip. cook until done
Note:
  • The orange zest is strong so don't overdue it. In fact, under do it. I would ad extra rum and extra lime juice. It was a bit honey zested for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment